Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my old iPhone sharing location?

I just got a new iPhone SE and previously had the old iPhone 5 SE. When I look under my contacts, it says my old phone is sharing my location and I would never allow that. When I go into location sharing on my old phone ‘Violet’, it confirms I’m not sharing my location. Why does my new phone say my old phone ‘Violet’ is sharing my location? My creepy ex gave me this old SE so I’m wondering if I’m being paranoid. Regardless I want to know why my phone is saying this. Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 1:48 PM

You are now signed to iCloud on two iPhones. And your location can be (it doesn’t mean it is) shared just from one of them.

On your new iPhone SE, go to Settings > My Apple ID > [Your Name] > Share My Location > My Location, and change it to this new device.

On your old iPhone SE, make a backup of it, ideally to your Mac or PC, then sign out of iCloud, erase it and you are good to give it to someone who might use it.

Share your location with your family

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201087

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Shannon_Clayson

You are now signed to iCloud on two iPhones. And your location can be (it doesn’t mean it is) shared just from one of them.

On your new iPhone SE, go to Settings > My Apple ID > [Your Name] > Share My Location > My Location, and change it to this new device.

On your old iPhone SE, make a backup of it, ideally to your Mac or PC, then sign out of iCloud, erase it and you are good to give it to someone who might use it.

Share your location with your family

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201087

Why is my old iPhone sharing location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.