Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A charger for iPad 4th generation

i got a used ipad model ME195LL/A model A1460 and i keep getting device not supported message on most chargers that we have. I have cheap ones, 12W new original apple ones, and my iphone 8plus/6+/Ipad pro 1st gen all work with one of them. This one is making me crazy. What do i need to buy to make pair with this pad. When it doesn't charge my autistic daughter doesn't understand.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 4:22 PM

4 replies

Jul 15, 2021 8:31 PM in response to 4IPad2s

If you purchased this nearly 9-year old iPad model, return it and get your money back, if you can!

That iPad model cannot ever upgrade beyond iOS 10.3.3/10.3.4.

That nearly 9-year old iPad model is too old and obsolete today.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now in 2021!

Sorry.

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 5 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, in 2021.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

It's 2021.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a purchase of a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, some locally or from online, on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are PLENTY of less expensive, newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

If you need OR ONLY are able to purchase older, less expensive iPad models, look at older IPads from 2014 and later.

All of these older model iPads CAN run the latest iPadOS versions and the up and coming iPadOS 15.

2014, 9,7 inch screen iPad Air 2 models

2015, 7.9 inch screen iPad Mini 4 models

2015-2017, 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro models. ( 1st gen Pencil support )

2016, 9.7 inch screen iPad Pro models ( 1st gen Pencil support )

2017, 9.7 inch screen iPad 5th gen models

2018, 9.7 inch screen iPad 6th gen models (1st gen Pencil support )

2019, 10.2 inch screen iPad 7th gen models ( 1st gen Pencil support )

2020, 10.2 inch screen iPad 8th gen models. ( 1st gen Pencil support )

Get the largest internal data storage model you can afford as NO Apple iOS device has expandable storage.

I am sorry that you had to learn all of this, but this does not change any of the facts regarding these very old iOS devices.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Jul 15, 2021 8:47 PM in response to 4IPad2s

It was free and my daughter basically plays you tube or video tube streaming Barney etc all day. The iPad Pro she has is basically where the important apps are. I just want to use it til it’s a paper weight. I have an older one that his basically that now. I just want to know which is the charger that should work on it. I have just found a short black charger that seems to be working. I bought a couple of the 12amp wall chargers that seem to work for the pro. I am willing to get another charging cord if there’s a particular one that SHOULD work. Apple is making me crazy with this changing things. Like the headphone jack missing and I had to get a stupid dongle. I’m considering jumping to Samsung. I don’t think they realize how much the special needs people are using their products and what for. Communication apps are huge as well as the ability to control things with a finger. My kid knows her way around the iPad better than my husband but doesn’t understand it needs to charge so I keep the old one to tide her over when she kills the pro. Charging should be the easiest hurdle I have. Thanks for the info on the good models. If I have to buy another it will be the new cheap iPad with 128g. Apple you’re killing me!!!!

A charger for iPad 4th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.