You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

black death screen

i dropped my macbook and now it makes the sound to turn on but there is just a black screen.

MacBook Air 13″, 11.4

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 5:15 PM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2021 5:31 PM in response to foolishgames11

foolishgames11 Said:

"black death screen: i dropped my macbook and now it makes the sound to turn on but there is just a black screen."

-------

Screen:LogicBoard Connector:

Based on Prior Experience: The connector is likely disconnected from the LogicBoard. So, get this serviced. My 2017 MBP had eleven Screen Replacements (and finally I was given a 2018 MacBook Pro as a replacement). So happens, it was a faulty device. I was told that the connector between the screen and the LogicBoard kept becoming loose. So, consider getting this serviced. AppleCare does not cover accidental damage. So, there would likely be a fee fore the service.

To Get this Mac Repaired...

Contact Apple:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the Mac's screen.

black death screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.