Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I start terminal utility on my MacBook Air computer?

where are all utilities I can run on my MacBook Air computer?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 8:48 PM

grigory176 Said:

"How I start terminal utility on my MacBook Air computer?: where are all utilities I can run on my MacBook Air computer?"

-------

How to Get to the Utilities Menu and Terminal:

1. Go to: Applications menu
  2. Select: Utilities
  3. Open: Terminal
2 replies

Jul 17, 2021 9:42 AM in response to grigory176

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here. macOS GUI related utilities can be found within the "Utilities" folder found within the "Applications" folder ("/Applications/Utilities").

Or do you mean you want to learn how to use the command line with the Terminal app? Using the command line is really dangerous as you can easily destroy all the data on the computer and even break macOS itself just by typing something wrong. If you do want to learn the command line, then first make sure to have a good backup just in case something goes wrong since even experts of the command line can make a mistake and destroy all the data and break the OS so be careful using the command line. Here is an Apple developer article providing basic information about the command line:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/OpenSource/Conceptual/ShellScripting/CommandLInePrimer/CommandLine.html

You should always have frequent and regular backups of the computer and any external media that contains important & unique data.

How I start terminal utility on my MacBook Air computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.