Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pending storage payment

I bought 2TB iCloud storage yesterday, and I don’t have the 2tb storage, so I went to purchases and it says “2TB iCloud storage” pending, what do I do? I removed my credit card off of my plhone after I “bought” it, it took the money out what do i do to get the storage I payed for.

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 1:29 PM

iCloud storage does not add storage onto your device. It adds storage into Apple's cloud storage system, here you can save backups and photos. There is no way to convert this to device storage. You are aware of this right?

To view and manage your iCloud storage go here - You should have 2 TB of iCloud Storage.

Please remember this is a monthly subscription and you will be charged every month, you continue to receive this storage.

Whenever you make a card transaction, the funds are taken on a hold, so it will appear with your bank as pending, this normally lasts for a day or two where the funds are "reserved" until the merchant takes your money, it seems this is what has happened here.

For example, you could use this to save storage on your phone, by keeping low quality/resolution photos on your phone but keep the high-quality originals in iCloud.

Take a look at this help article for more info Set up and use iCloud Photos – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 1:29 PM in response to taliyah288

iCloud storage does not add storage onto your device. It adds storage into Apple's cloud storage system, here you can save backups and photos. There is no way to convert this to device storage. You are aware of this right?

To view and manage your iCloud storage go here - You should have 2 TB of iCloud Storage.

Please remember this is a monthly subscription and you will be charged every month, you continue to receive this storage.

Whenever you make a card transaction, the funds are taken on a hold, so it will appear with your bank as pending, this normally lasts for a day or two where the funds are "reserved" until the merchant takes your money, it seems this is what has happened here.

For example, you could use this to save storage on your phone, by keeping low quality/resolution photos on your phone but keep the high-quality originals in iCloud.

Take a look at this help article for more info Set up and use iCloud Photos – Apple Support

pending storage payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.