Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Durability of iPhone 12 Pro battery

I bought my iPhone 12pro in December 2020. As of now July 2021 the battery health decreased to 91% in 6 months. I previously owned an iPhone 11 which I purchased in January 2020 and the battery health was at 97% when I traded it in December 2020. Is there any way I can express my concerns and get my battery replaced at Apple ? Thank you.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 9:32 PM

Apple will ONLY replace your battery under warranty IF the Battery Health dips to 80% or less in the first 12 months of ownership. Since it's highly unlikely that will take place, Apple isn't going to consider your phone has an issue.

There are things you should be doing to maximize the performance of your battery, which includes:

1. Never, ever let the battery completely deplete
  2. Don't let the battery go under 20%
  3. Make sure you have turned on Optimized Battery Charging in Settings > Battery > Optimized Battery Charging
  4. Do, plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed at night and leave it plugged in all night, every night

See this link for more help --> https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 9:32 PM in response to confusediphone12owner

Apple will ONLY replace your battery under warranty IF the Battery Health dips to 80% or less in the first 12 months of ownership. Since it's highly unlikely that will take place, Apple isn't going to consider your phone has an issue.

There are things you should be doing to maximize the performance of your battery, which includes:

1. Never, ever let the battery completely deplete
  2. Don't let the battery go under 20%
  3. Make sure you have turned on Optimized Battery Charging in Settings > Battery > Optimized Battery Charging
  4. Do, plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed at night and leave it plugged in all night, every night

See this link for more help --> https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Durability of iPhone 12 Pro battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.