Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I enter an event in my iPhone Calendar, is does not sync to my MacBook iCal. However, if I enter an event in my MacBook iCal, it syncs immediately to the iPhone Calendar

MacBook running OS 11.4, iPhone running iOS 14.6

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 7:35 AM

Calendar entries do not sync between devices. Each device syncs to a calendar account server that is associated with an email account. From your description it sounds like you have 2 or more calendar databases on your Mac, but only one on your iPhone. Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts on your phone and make sure all calendar accounts are enabled. Also go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and make sure Calendars is turned on.

Then, on your Mac, go to Menu, System Preferences, Internet Accounts and make sure Calendars is checked for each account. Also click on the Apple ID button and make sure Calendars is checked.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 7:35 AM in response to ocs9204

Calendar entries do not sync between devices. Each device syncs to a calendar account server that is associated with an email account. From your description it sounds like you have 2 or more calendar databases on your Mac, but only one on your iPhone. Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts on your phone and make sure all calendar accounts are enabled. Also go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and make sure Calendars is turned on.

Then, on your Mac, go to Menu, System Preferences, Internet Accounts and make sure Calendars is checked for each account. Also click on the Apple ID button and make sure Calendars is checked.

When I enter an event in my iPhone Calendar, is does not sync to my MacBook iCal. However, if I enter an event in my MacBook iCal, it syncs immediately to the iPhone Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.