Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Document folder missing

A couple weeks back I noticed that my "Documents" folder was not listed on my side panel under "Favorites" anymore like it always had been. It's no longer at the "Dock" also. How can I restore it?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 9:38 AM

TO include your Documents folder in the sidebar, click Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and make sure that your Documents folder is check marked.

To include the folder in the Dock, go to FInder and click the Go menu > Home. Drag the Documents folder onto the Dock somewhere between the Trash icon and the Divider bar to the left of the trash. Don't drop your folder onto the Trash.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 9:38 AM in response to manoelnlc

TO include your Documents folder in the sidebar, click Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and make sure that your Documents folder is check marked.

To include the folder in the Dock, go to FInder and click the Go menu > Home. Drag the Documents folder onto the Dock somewhere between the Trash icon and the Divider bar to the left of the trash. Don't drop your folder onto the Trash.

Document folder missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.