Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BBC iPlayer app on Apple TV

I've just moved back to Britain from Portugal and cannot access the BBc iPlayer app on my Apple TV. I've changed the country on the Apple TV, and also on the iTunes store but still no success. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:30 AM

BBC iPlayer is only available to UK residents. To this end, you are required to have an Apple ID account with a British billing address, to get this app from the UK App Store. Furthermore, to stream anything from the BBC iPlayer app, you need to be using a valid UK IP address. The latter will be checked by the BBC.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Jacap21

BBC iPlayer is only available to UK residents. To this end, you are required to have an Apple ID account with a British billing address, to get this app from the UK App Store. Furthermore, to stream anything from the BBC iPlayer app, you need to be using a valid UK IP address. The latter will be checked by the BBC.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

BBC iPlayer app on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.