Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X is so slow and lagging after iOS 14.6 update

I have an iPhone X which is now very slow and lagging. It takes about a few seconds to load the icons in the display, also they are lagging. Cant play a song, it stuck in the middle, then play again, then stuck again. If I increase the volume while playing a song, it'll take around 5-7 seconds to actually increase the volume. Other than that WhatsApp also has lots of issues like photos are not downloading, the screen turns to black when a video call is made, I actually can't do anything when this happens. Sometimes a restart also won't fix the issue. Is anyone having these issues? (Btw the device was working perfectly before installing the 14.6 upgrades).

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 12:26 PM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2021 11:25 AM in response to rajithab

Hi there rajithab,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It appears that your iPhone is performing slower than expected, and WhatsApp isn't behaving normally, so we'd like to see how we can help. You mentioned that your iOS software is up to date. Since noticing these issues, have you had a chance to check for and install available app updates? If not, give that a try now with these steps: How to manually update apps on your Apple device. It's also a good idea to make sure your iPhone has a sufficient amount of device storage available: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Since battery health can impact the performance of your iPhone, check Settings > Battery > Battery Health. Learn more about how your battery relates to your iPhone's performance here: iPhone Battery and Performance.

For the WhatsApp issue specifically, go over the steps in this article: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open. Although the title doesn't reflect the issue you've described, following those steps may help.

Take care.

Iphone X is so slow and lagging after iOS 14.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.