Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - Deleted songs from playlist and now they’re not in “Purchased” yet iTunes says they’ve been purchased

I purchased some songs through iTunes.  I put them on a new playlist I was making but 2 of the songs I decided I didn’t want on there so I deleted them but then when I went to put them on another playlist, the 2 songs I deleted off my new playlist weren’t in my “Purchased” neither were they in “Purchased” in iTunes yet, when I search for the songs on iTunes, both say I’ve purchased them. 

How do I get these deleted songs back? 

I don’t have the option to repurchase them because I’ve already bought them but they’re nowhere to be found in my music or iTunes. So what is the solution?

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 5:31 PM

Sturdy Girl,

Since the Store knows they were purchased, you can re-download fresh copies at no charge:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

For future reference, when you remove a song from a playlist, do not delete it from your library.

8 replies

Jul 17, 2021 6:03 PM in response to ed2345

Thank you for your reply... I didn’t delete the songs from my library, just from the playlist like I have done with previous playlists I’ve made up and I’ve never had this problem before.

I've already tried going into “Purchases” in iTunes and them songs are definitely not there. I think I may need to contact Apple Support, I don’t want this to happen again and not know how to retrieve lost songs because I’ve decided not to have them on a particular playlist.

Jul 18, 2021 3:41 AM in response to ed2345

Nothing happens because the songs aren’t there to re-download in ITunes or My Music. However, I checked on my iPad and both songs are showing in there in “Recently Downloaded” in My Music so not all is lost at least I have them on my iPad and can add them to any playlist on my iPad but it’s really frustrating that I can’t get the songs to sync from my iPad to my iPhone.

Jul 22, 2021 12:14 PM in response to sturdy_girl

We literally are having this exact same problem. We have tried all the things suggested in this thread. I feel your frustration. Even when we tried to download the album on a shared devise the 3 songs that were taken out of the playlist were not downloaded and the shared device even went as far to say that we had to repurchase those songs. However on the iPad they were removed from we get the "purchased" button that is grayed out and we can't even download them again. So frustrating.

Jul 22, 2021 2:27 PM in response to ti2ger78

I’ve given up, I can’t even be bothered to call Apple Support.  I’ve spent too much energy trying to fathom it out.  I was just going round and round in circles, following instructions given by Apple but always ending up with the same problem... not being able to re-download and not being able to re-purchase.  

There doesn’t seem to be a solution to the problem we both have.  I can’t even purchase the 2 songs I’m missing on my iPhone on another album because they aren’t on another album in iTunes to purchase.  If I find a solution, I’ll let you know.

Help - Deleted songs from playlist and now they’re not in “Purchased” yet iTunes says they’ve been purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.