Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Apple account

My family and I share my Apple account. We want to continue to do this, but no matter what we change our phone settings to, we get texts, calls, and FaceTime’s on each other’s phones. We also lose data like contacts and messages we want to keep when another family member deletes it off their phone. It’s very frustrating! Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 2:29 PM

Adelle5 wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes!

Immediately stop sharing an Apple ID. This is never appropriate. There is always a much better way to achieve your objective.

The person(s) acquiring new Apple ID(s) must thoroughly cleanse their device(s) as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may institute family sharing if you wish.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 2:29 PM in response to Adelle5

Adelle5 wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes!

Immediately stop sharing an Apple ID. This is never appropriate. There is always a much better way to achieve your objective.

The person(s) acquiring new Apple ID(s) must thoroughly cleanse their device(s) as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may institute family sharing if you wish.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Sharing Apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.