Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete Home Screen icons.

I have an iPad 6 with iOS14.6 software. I cannot delete the Home Screen icons. Not talking about the apps that come with the iPad but the links I’ve added to the Home Screen from Safari. When I hold the icon it goes to the wiggle but have no X to delete it. My iPhone 6S has the same iOS14.6 will have the X to delete the icons. Thanks

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 5:34 PM

4 replies

Jul 18, 2021 12:12 PM in response to 64poncho

Hello 64poncho,

We understand that you're running into an issue when trying to delete website icons on your Home Screen. We'd like to help out.

Just to confirm, did you use the steps outlined under the "Add a website icon to your iPad Home Screen" part of the following page to add those icons initially? Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPad

Are you using these steps to try and remove those icons? Delete apps from iPad If so, are you able to delete other icons and apps from your Home Screen?

Thanks!

Cannot delete Home Screen icons.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.