Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN for iphones

Mine disappeared and I don’t know how to get it back?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Thisfchick2 Said:

"VPN for iphones: Mine disappeared and I don’t know how to get it back?"

-------

Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]
7 replies

Jul 17, 2021 9:51 PM in response to lcang10

lcang10 U Said:

Q1. "After the reset, if the OP knows all the credentials and authentication methods for the VPN, it should be easy to punch in all the information into the setting.

A1. See if you can recover the credentials in Keychain. Go Here: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Q2. "VPN clients are probably a different story. I only have used IPhone's built-in VPN to connect to my own VPN server."

A2. Talk to your network administrator to fix this.

Jul 19, 2021 9:37 AM in response to Thisfchick2

Thisfchick2 wrote:

I brought my own I phone to qlink wireless and I had reset my phone and and now I can make send and receive texts but I cannot make or receive calls

Unless the VPN is provided by your workplace to access a specific secure server, it's not really doing you any good. Your personal information is being routed through some third party's servers and many of them have very dubious privacy policies and records.

VPN for iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.