Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export tags from Windows to MacOs?

Hello!

I've been using Windows and just recently I got my first Mac (Mac mini M1). In Windows for tagging files and folders I use a free software called "Tagging for Windows".

it allows to Export tags as a database file (.tfx) ! (Locally, on PC, it saves Tags as .bat file! but when I want to export them with the Export feature, it only gives .tfx file as an output).

So is there any way to import that file in MacOs? (any third-part app that allow this) in order to copy all my tags (after I copied all the related folders and files to the Mac) from Windows and import them in MacOs?

Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:34 AM

Perhaps the vendor of that Windows-based Tagging for Windows application has authored a tool that would convert and assign the Windows tag nomenclature data as macOS file tag metadata attributes. Otherwise, that dog won't hunt on macOS.

Similar questions

2 replies

How to export tags from Windows to MacOs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.