Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

custom paper sizes on PRINTING from Photos

How do I choose custom paper sizes fro printing from PHOTOS

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:10 PM

Hi - This is one of the ridiculous MacOS behaviours.

You have to first create the custom size in a different app. EG Pages or text edit, from the file>page setup menu. Then you can select it in photos.

Why you can't set a custom size in printer settings that is then available in all apps is beyond me.

2 replies

Jul 19, 2021 9:16 AM in response to shenton

You can do as Tony described but you won't be able to print to that custom paper size if your printer does not support it. I've used custom paper sizes, 20" x 30", with Pages to create a collage of photos to be printed by a photo lab.

However, printers can only print to the paper sizes it's designed and programmed form.

Are you really interested in custom paper sizes or custom print sizes? Those are two wholly different situations.

custom paper sizes on PRINTING from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.