Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted google maps on my phone and now cannot download it.

I deleted google maps on my iphone and now cannot download it. It shows up on my app list in settings but no icon.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 8:05 AM

Open the App Library and you will find Google Maps. You probably didn’t delete it, you just removed it from your Home screen. Drag it back from the app library to the Home screen.

I the App Store you won’t see an icon for it in the corner. You will see your personal avatar icon. Tap on your personal icon. Tap on the word Purchased, then My Purchases if there is more than one choice. This will list all of the apps that you have ever downloaded. If the Google Maps app has a cloud tap on it to download it. If it has an Open button it is already somewhere on your phone.

You can also find it using Search: Swipe left to right on the first page of the Home screen to open the Search screen, enter Google Maps and its icon will appear at the top. If it is in a folder the folder name will show to the right of the icon. If it isn’t on your phone it will still appear, and you can tap on it to open it in the App Store.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 8:05 AM in response to doradiva

Open the App Library and you will find Google Maps. You probably didn’t delete it, you just removed it from your Home screen. Drag it back from the app library to the Home screen.

I the App Store you won’t see an icon for it in the corner. You will see your personal avatar icon. Tap on your personal icon. Tap on the word Purchased, then My Purchases if there is more than one choice. This will list all of the apps that you have ever downloaded. If the Google Maps app has a cloud tap on it to download it. If it has an Open button it is already somewhere on your phone.

You can also find it using Search: Swipe left to right on the first page of the Home screen to open the Search screen, enter Google Maps and its icon will appear at the top. If it is in a folder the folder name will show to the right of the icon. If it isn’t on your phone it will still appear, and you can tap on it to open it in the App Store.

I deleted google maps on my phone and now cannot download it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.