You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV remote

I recently brought a new Apple TV remote for my 2nd generation 4K and I am unable to pair it. I thought something was wrong with the new remote and took it back to exchange for another one.

I tried everything restarting/unplugging and it still will not pair.

The message that keeps coming on the screen is Paring remote

bring it closer to your Apple TV to continue pairing.

Is it possible to bring my Apple TV to the Apple store and they can pair it for me.

I am extremely frustrated with this process, I was on the phone for an hour and they could not help me.. I also use the Apple Chat and they said they would get back to me and never did.

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 6:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 4:55 AM

Paring remote

The ultimate closeness is to lay the remote on top of the Apple TV box, but in my experience it would pair before being that close.

Bring it closer gradually, so that the box can identify an increasing signal strength from a new device.

Verify that other bluetooth devices are not interfering. E.g. put your phone away at some distance, not in your pocket.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2021 4:55 AM in response to cerasa

Paring remote

The ultimate closeness is to lay the remote on top of the Apple TV box, but in my experience it would pair before being that close.

Bring it closer gradually, so that the box can identify an increasing signal strength from a new device.

Verify that other bluetooth devices are not interfering. E.g. put your phone away at some distance, not in your pocket.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

New Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.