Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does apple provide any way to monitor children's iMessages

There are many tools for restricting apps, privacy settings, etc. But the most easy way for kids to receive content a parent might not want is through iMessage. I can't find a way to either view those messages (without looking at their device), or specifically see what may have been deleted. Does Apple provide anyway for a child's Apple device to be monitored?

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 7:21 PM

That's unfortunate. It seems like for all Apple's talk of helping parents they've left the biggest hole possible by not allowing us to monitor their iMessage usage. Just looking at the device is useless if they've had time to send/receive and then delete those messages. I understand iMessages privacy features, but children don't have the right to privacy when they are in their parents' home and still being raised. Just like my parents rummaged through my dresser drawers secretly, parents need to do the same today - even more so with the door that technology opens to them. Very difficult position this technology puts us in.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 7:21 PM in response to Axel Foley

That's unfortunate. It seems like for all Apple's talk of helping parents they've left the biggest hole possible by not allowing us to monitor their iMessage usage. Just looking at the device is useless if they've had time to send/receive and then delete those messages. I understand iMessages privacy features, but children don't have the right to privacy when they are in their parents' home and still being raised. Just like my parents rummaged through my dresser drawers secretly, parents need to do the same today - even more so with the door that technology opens to them. Very difficult position this technology puts us in.

does apple provide any way to monitor children's iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.