Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions passcode

My child i pad has restrictions passcode I don’t know what is passcode safari is locked camera app disapper.i cant erase all content help me plz.

iPad, 10

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 6:34 AM

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime (a.k.a. restrictions) passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, such as an iPad4 (with iOS 10.x installed) the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 6:34 AM in response to umbreen86

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime (a.k.a. restrictions) passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, such as an iPad4 (with iOS 10.x installed) the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

Restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.