📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK Consumer Law and how it works.

Hi, I live in the UK and want to see if the UK consumer law can be used to a get a battery replacement for my iPad. It is the iPad Pro 10.5 64GB Cellular Model and I wanted it replaced as it doesn’t last as long as it used to. As I am beginning another semester in September at uni, so it would help allot if the battery was back to how it was. I was wondering if it was possible to get a battery replacement for my iPad under uk consumer law or if I have to pay full price for it.

Thanks,

Prabh.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 11:32 AM

Batteries of any kind are considered consumables; manufacturers will quote a typical cycle life before they begin to decay .

It's typically in the low thousands however there are many caveats to that , including climatic and general charging techniques.

Unless the battery pack has clear failure points notable swelling frankly it's difficult to claim out of warranty free replacement .

Even then the labour costs would be chargeable quite legitimately.

It would also be exceptional difficult to claim under the EU/UK 6 year warranty terms as you WOULD need to prove the battery failure was a result of a pre-existing engineering fault.

Apple iOS devices do include warnings on battery health so afraid many of the legal routes have be well and truly covered .

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2021 11:32 AM in response to KillerMrSingh

Batteries of any kind are considered consumables; manufacturers will quote a typical cycle life before they begin to decay .

It's typically in the low thousands however there are many caveats to that , including climatic and general charging techniques.

Unless the battery pack has clear failure points notable swelling frankly it's difficult to claim out of warranty free replacement .

Even then the labour costs would be chargeable quite legitimately.

It would also be exceptional difficult to claim under the EU/UK 6 year warranty terms as you WOULD need to prove the battery failure was a result of a pre-existing engineering fault.

Apple iOS devices do include warnings on battery health so afraid many of the legal routes have be well and truly covered .

Jul 19, 2021 11:13 AM in response to KillerMrSingh

No one here is a search engine and this is not a consumer law or consumer advocacy Website.

This is a user to user Apple product technical support community.

We are all just volunteer Apple product users here, from all over the world, just like you.

Many people/users visit here.

You need to do your own research on this and not rely on the possibility of others coming to this post with possible answers or solutions to your dilemma

This support area is for product technical support, not about information on consumer law and rights in various countries.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

UK Consumer Law and how it works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.