Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete the floating button for the home button?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 9:50 AM

Hi manyoni,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you've reached out for help with this floating button you're seeing. We're happy to point you in the right direction.

It sounds like you're referring to an accessibility feature called Assistive Touch. It's possible to adjust the options for Assistive Touch or disable it altogether by heading into Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch.

This guide has detailed information all about it:

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 9:50 AM in response to manyoni

Hi manyoni,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you've reached out for help with this floating button you're seeing. We're happy to point you in the right direction.

It sounds like you're referring to an accessibility feature called Assistive Touch. It's possible to adjust the options for Assistive Touch or disable it altogether by heading into Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch.

This guide has detailed information all about it:

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Jul 20, 2021 11:06 AM in response to manyoni

Hi manyoni,

We're glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved. So you're aware, it's possible to set up a shortcut that toggles on and off accessibility features such as Assistive Touch.

We'd like to share this link with more information about it, in case you should ever inadvertently turn Assistive Touch back on using the shortcut. Here's a guide with information:

About the Accessibility Shortcut for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.