📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces AirPods 4 and the world’s first all-in-one hearing health experience with AirPods Pro 2. Learn more >

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right Airpod making clicking noise

Have my AirPods about a year . Last couple of days the right pod has started to make a clicking noise which is driving me crazy-rendering the AirPods unusable . I’ve tried uninstalling and resetting them . Any other ideas ? They aren’t clogged up at all…..

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 11:15 AM

Hello Starbarks,

We’d love to assist you with your right AirPod making a clicking noise. You've completed some great troubleshooting steps so far. At this time, we'd like to isolate the issue further, by proceeding with the following steps as well.

Restart AirPods for use with iPhone

• We understand that your AirPods are not clogged. However, we'd like to make sure that they are clean as well as the case: How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods

• Be sure your iPhone is running the latest software version: Update iOS on iPhone

If you continue to experience the same behavior, provide us with the model of your AirPods.

Best wishes!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2021 11:15 AM in response to Starbarks

Hello Starbarks,

We’d love to assist you with your right AirPod making a clicking noise. You've completed some great troubleshooting steps so far. At this time, we'd like to isolate the issue further, by proceeding with the following steps as well.

Restart AirPods for use with iPhone

• We understand that your AirPods are not clogged. However, we'd like to make sure that they are clean as well as the case: How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods

• Be sure your iPhone is running the latest software version: Update iOS on iPhone

If you continue to experience the same behavior, provide us with the model of your AirPods.

Best wishes!

Right Airpod making clicking noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.