Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove trust certificate

How do I remove trust certificate

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 6:40 PM

Hello cullen197,

I am curious what trust certificate are you wanting to remove and where did you see or learn about it? This article is out of date (possibly on purpose for security reasons) but gives more information on the iOS Trust Store. List of available trusted root certificates in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS 11, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14 - Apple Support

If you have approved an “Always Ask” certificate you can see it and un-trust it by going to the Settings App > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. The “Always Ask” certificates will be listed and can be turned off, if any have been manually approved by you.

Also, are you possibly looking to remove a Configuration Profile for a certain app rather than a trust certificate? If so, this article will be most helpful. How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 6:40 PM in response to cullen197

Hello cullen197,

I am curious what trust certificate are you wanting to remove and where did you see or learn about it? This article is out of date (possibly on purpose for security reasons) but gives more information on the iOS Trust Store. List of available trusted root certificates in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS 11, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14 - Apple Support

If you have approved an “Always Ask” certificate you can see it and un-trust it by going to the Settings App > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. The “Always Ask” certificates will be listed and can be turned off, if any have been manually approved by you.

Also, are you possibly looking to remove a Configuration Profile for a certain app rather than a trust certificate? If so, this article will be most helpful. How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

I hope this helps.

Remove trust certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.