Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to scan my Covid vaccine card to apple wallet

How do I scan my Covid 19 vaccination card into Apple Wallet

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 8:11 PM

Hello SAVWes,

The physical CDC vaccination card did not contain anything that would allow you to add it in the Wallet App from what I remember. This CDC site contains some information about the cards. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect.html

In my case I received a text message from TrueCare24 (my vaccination provider) 8 days after each vaccination which contained a link to access my digital vaccination card which was able to be added to the Wallet App as a digital pass. Add and manage passes in Wallet on iPhone - Apple Support

If you did not automatically receive a digital card you may want to contact your vaccine provider to inquire if this is something they offer.

I hope this helps.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 8:11 PM in response to SAVWes

Hello SAVWes,

The physical CDC vaccination card did not contain anything that would allow you to add it in the Wallet App from what I remember. This CDC site contains some information about the cards. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect.html

In my case I received a text message from TrueCare24 (my vaccination provider) 8 days after each vaccination which contained a link to access my digital vaccination card which was able to be added to the Wallet App as a digital pass. Add and manage passes in Wallet on iPhone - Apple Support

If you did not automatically receive a digital card you may want to contact your vaccine provider to inquire if this is something they offer.

I hope this helps.

Jul 27, 2021 3:57 PM in response to SAVWes

Hello again!

I was just pursuing this conversation and noticed you were also looking to try to add shopping cards.

These are treated asp passes. Though not all store cards will be eligible, there are more options for adding one than just having an App with that function. Add and manage passes in Wallet on iPhone - Apple Support

Add a pass

You may be asked to add a pass within an app after you perform an action such as purchasing a ticket. Or, you can tap Add to Apple Wallet when you see it from the following:

• Wallet-enabled apps
  • Mail or Messages
  • Web browser such as Safari
  • AirDrop sharing
  • Wallet notification after you use Apple Pay at a supported merchant
  • QR code or barcode
  • To scan the code, open the Camera app , then position iPhone so that the code appears on the screen."

I have Speedway, Kroger, and Chipotle cards in my Wallet App but unfortunately I do not remember how I added any of them. I am thinking via Apps, after using Apple Pay, or scanning the barcodes are most likely how I added them.

Jul 19, 2021 9:41 PM in response to Limnos

This is what the CDC recommends for back-up in the case of losing the physical card however the Wallet App does not allow pictures to be added.

If this is the only digital option available, they could use the Shortcuts App to create a home screen button that would open the picture when selected. Use Shortcuts to automate tasks on iPhone - Apple Support

Now, that is easier said than done so they may need the Using iPhone community to help.

Jul 20, 2021 5:07 AM in response to SAVWes

You can’t just add “any odd thing” into your wallet.

It has to something which is added via a registered electronic “service” (e.g. an App or a Web Site)

For your hardcopy COVID card, suggest you simply use Notes; scan it into notes as a document; then “pin” the note.

More details are available here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210336

Then - as suggested by Scott-he-hims - check w/ your vax provider to see if they might be able to provide it as a “digital service” which CAN be placed in your wallet.

Jul 21, 2021 10:35 PM in response to SAVWes

If you decide to try the Shortcuts idea I mentioned in my reply to Limnos this is how to accomplish it.

First, take a photo of your COVID-19 Vaccination Card then add it to a new Photos App album

These are the steps for building the shortcut and adding it to the Home Screen:

1. Open the Shortcuts App
  2. Click the plus sign in the top right corner
  3. Select “Add Action”
  4. Search and choose the action “Find Photos"
  5. Select "Add Filter"
  6. Change “Album is Recents” to “Album is (whatever you named the album with the card photo)" by selecting “Recents" and then picking the correct album name
  7. Select the plus sign below the action you just added
  8. Search and select the “Show Results” action
  9. Select the circle with three dots below the next button in the top right corner
  10. Name your shortcut. You can also customize the icon by clicking the icon.
  11. Select “Add to Home Screen"
  12. Select “Done"

After completing this you will have a custom app that opens the photo of your card when you select it. You can also say “Hey Siri, (name of your shortcut)" and it will run. The below photos show mine but I blacked out the photo of my actual card.

Jul 29, 2021 1:17 AM in response to SAVWes

I used https://vaxyes.com/friendsfree21 to get it added to my Apple wallet. The site needs a photo of your government id, a picture of your COVID 19 vaccination card, then it want you to manually enter your shot 1st & 2nd dose lot #. Other than that it asked for my name, number to sms me a verification code & to sign back in once everything verified. My email in case my phone didn’t support sms. Everything took less than 30mins. You at level 1 until they verify everything and move to level 2 once you’re verified then from the site you select add to Apple wallet & it’s added. Hope this helped.

Jul 20, 2021 5:05 AM in response to Chattanoogan

Finding that out

saving a boarding pass, as an example, supposedly requires an app that states: “save to Apple Wallet”

Misleading, unfortunately, when googling it says shopping card info, for example, can be saved to wallet

Another Apple 🍎 quirk, only one of many

Still an avid Apple household; no Android devises in this house

How to scan my Covid vaccine card to apple wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.