Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro Big Sur battery drain while sleep

Hello there, yesterday i ended up my job at 16:30, turned off wifi, bluetooth all apps, unplugged and disconnected macbook. In the morning i am having 30% battery, the battery report says nothing, it just drained 70% od my macbook battery without any app, wifi or bluetooth turned on.

This have serious impact on my devices batterry, so i want apple to fix it, not damage my device with some buggy updates.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Try resetting SMC if you have not already.

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Quote:

Resetting the system management controller (SMC) can resolve certain issues related to power, battery, fans, and other features.

4 replies

Jul 23, 2021 1:32 AM in response to dominic23

I spent some time looking for answers, and i found this:

I managed to solve the issue by typing 'sudo pmset -a disablesleep 0' in the Terminal.

I am not sure if a restart will cause the configuration to reset, but it is working so far.

I hope that will fix the issue, i just got new battery, and this is absurd, apple gonna damage/drain the brand new battery...

Macbook pro Big Sur battery drain while sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.