Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone

my iphone is locked because i forgot my passcode how do i get back in my phone without resetting the phone

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 9:08 AM

bunnygirl98 wrote:

my iphone is locked because i forgot my passcode how do i get back in my phone without resetting the phone

There is no means to do that, as the forgotten passcode here is the key used to encrypt and to decrypt the data on the iPhone.

Reset and restore from backup is the path.

And if there are no backups, this case is analogous to a lost or stolen or broken iPhone. No backups means lost data.

Details on the reset > If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 9:08 AM in response to bunnygirl98

bunnygirl98 wrote:

There is no means to do that, as the forgotten passcode here is the key used to encrypt and to decrypt the data on the iPhone.

Reset and restore from backup is the path.

And if there are no backups, this case is analogous to a lost or stolen or broken iPhone. No backups means lost data.

Details on the reset > If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.