Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card “Unavailable for sharing”

When I try to set up the features to share purchasing power using my Apple card, it says my family members are unavailable for sharing. I cropped their names out but provided a photo of what it says below I am able to share Apple Cash but not use the Apple visa features that were advertised. Would love do you know how to troubleshoot and resolve.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 12:06 PM

Hi, wow! I can certainly relate to how frustrating this can be. This can be something as simple as restarting your iPhone. There’s no particular order and it may help to restart your iPhone repeatedly.

1. all iPhones must be iOS 14.6 or higher
  2. turn off VPN if you use
  3. log out and in to your Apple ID/iCloud account that was used when you signed up for Apple Card. Same for Participants
  4. make sure you and participants are currently in US and have US selected as region.
  5. make sure have Apple Cash setup in Wallet App on your iPhone
  6. Two factor authentication must be turned on — iPhone must have password enabled
  7. Restart iPhone after performing any of the above
  8. It may be necessary to do a hard restart >> https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios
  9. Make all group members have updated and verified their correct ages. Participants must me 13 or older.

There had also been a recent release/update to iOS 14.7 for your iPhone. Please let us know how this works for you so that we can suggest more advanced possible solutions if nothing is helping.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 12:06 PM in response to Sweeneytwins

Hi, wow! I can certainly relate to how frustrating this can be. This can be something as simple as restarting your iPhone. There’s no particular order and it may help to restart your iPhone repeatedly.

1. all iPhones must be iOS 14.6 or higher
  2. turn off VPN if you use
  3. log out and in to your Apple ID/iCloud account that was used when you signed up for Apple Card. Same for Participants
  4. make sure you and participants are currently in US and have US selected as region.
  5. make sure have Apple Cash setup in Wallet App on your iPhone
  6. Two factor authentication must be turned on — iPhone must have password enabled
  7. Restart iPhone after performing any of the above
  8. It may be necessary to do a hard restart >> https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios
  9. Make all group members have updated and verified their correct ages. Participants must me 13 or older.

There had also been a recent release/update to iOS 14.7 for your iPhone. Please let us know how this works for you so that we can suggest more advanced possible solutions if nothing is helping.

Apple Card “Unavailable for sharing”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.