Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

face to face complaint

How do I make a serious account to Apple without being given a run around to feed back which won't be read or replied to?

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 11:40 AM

10 replies

Jul 22, 2021 8:51 AM in response to deggie

I’m not saying you didn’t see a link but did you ever click on it and use it?

I never had need to "use" it—I do most of my own service and support—but I opened it several times a week—every time I needed to copy the URL for an OP.

It was an Apple web page, or at least made to look like one. It was not a popup like the one below nor a survey format based on those emailed surveys—I know that format.

The other link that goes to an outside firm is posted and discussed in this 2016 thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7538845?page=1

That is not what was once available, and the date on that thread suggests the link I used was gone by 2016.

I recall the format of the one I used was closer to that of the current product feedback pages, with text boxes for narratives, not check boxes. It was not a "scoring system" as commonly used in customer satisfaction surveys.

When the sales, service, and support reporting options disappeared, the old link redirected to the current website feedback link, https://www.apple.com/contact/feedback/

However, it is now lost in the fog of time. If you like, I can let it stay there and mention it no more if that is your reason for bringing this up.

Jul 21, 2021 6:56 PM in response to deggie

I started in Summer 2000† and it was here sometime after that. I don't note dates when things appear and disappear—maybe I should start to provide you forensic evidence. At the time, I did not consider it important, assuming it would be replaced with another version.

It was real but it was obscure. I would not have found it had another senior contributor not linked it.

I remember the text specifically said "report sales, support, and service issues."

It's been gone at least four to five years. I'll have to look at one of my old computers for the bookmark but, at some point, it simply returned a redirect to this page:

https://www.apple.com/contact/feedback/

† — the Nov 2001 date in my profile is incorrect. A number of "Helpers" (pre-points) had their join dates reset to Oct -Nov 2001 by a forum software update at that time. Mods were unable to correct the glitch.

Jul 20, 2021 5:00 PM in response to ShaunEssex

You are asking your fellow end users here. No one has a crystal ball nor can we give an official answer. All we can quote is history.

Apple once had a link for reporting issues experienced with sale, service, or support. It has been gone for several years.

If this was support experience, you probably got or will get a followup e-mail asking about your experience.

If this was not a matter tied to your Apple ID, the only part left is a phone call or, better, a well-composed business letter to Apple HQ:

Jul 22, 2021 12:38 PM in response to Allan Jones

I did use it one time and CCC was correct in that it was a form to a 3rd party. Like most sites Apple does not want such complaints to come in on a form and wish to have direct contact. That is the problem with getting older time gets altered and I find myself losing track on when things happened, i.e. wasn't that just a year ago that I did this and I check and find out it was 7 years ago. But my whole point was none of it has any bearing on people who post today wanting to complain so it is largely irrelevant.

face to face complaint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.