Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete Messages in iCloud

iCloud says I have 1.3 GB of messages stored. I have deleted messages such that there are very few on all devices, made sure Macs have iCloud messaging enabled, have set all devices to not keep messages beyond one year, deleted old messages, yet the iCloud amount doesn't change. How do I get rid of them in iCloud?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 9:40 AM

Hello Brady,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that storage situation with your Messages in iCloud. You’d done a lot of great troubleshooting so far.

Have you also had the opportunity to restart your devices since making those adjustments?

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully that puts you on the path to getting this figured out.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 9:40 AM in response to Brady Nations

Hello Brady,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that storage situation with your Messages in iCloud. You’d done a lot of great troubleshooting so far.

Have you also had the opportunity to restart your devices since making those adjustments?

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully that puts you on the path to getting this figured out.

Take care.

Jul 21, 2021 10:43 AM in response to bailier

Great help! Based on your suggestion I shut down all devices except one. Deleted dozens of old messages then shut that one down also. Restarted each one at a time and confirmed the messages were gone. iCloud meter now shows much lower number.

I think part of the problem was pressing the Synch button in Messages/ preferences. That was bring back messages that I had deleted on one device but still existed on another. Anyway, all good now. Thanks for the help.

How do I delete Messages in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.