Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the magic keyboard work with my iPad Pro?

Will the magic keyboard work with my iPad Pro model MQDA2LL/A

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 2:03 PM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2021 2:57 PM in response to drmrgreene

Apple, somewhat confusingly, uses the “Magic Keyboard” name to describe multiple keyboards in its product portfolio.

The Magic Keyboard for iPad is specifically designed to connect with compatible models of iPad using the iPad Smart Connector. This is a three-contact electrical connection on the rear panel of the iPad that mates with three corresponding contacts on the keyboard.

By contrast, the “Magic Keyboard”, principally designed for Mac computers, is a standalone Bluetooth Keyboard that is compatible with iPad. Here is an example:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLA22LL/A/magic-keyboard-us-english

Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM in response to drmrgreene

No.

That Magic Keyboard Case is for the newer design 2018-2021 iPad Pro models.

Thr magnetic connection pins of the newest Magic Keyboard Cover are located in a different location that matches the magnetic pins location on these newer iPad Pro models.

You have an older iPad Pro model that have these magnetic connection pins in a totally different location.

You need to be using Apple’s smart keyboard cover, instead.

Sorry.

Will the magic keyboard work with my iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.