Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to update my expiry date on a new card but it won't let me

My apple pay credit card has expired. I am needing to update the expiry date for the new card and can't figure out how to.

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 6:02 PM

For Apple Pay, you cannot update the date directly. Its either updated automatically by your bank or issuer, or you need to remove the card and add it again.

See here: link-> Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

While you can't change your card number or expiration date, it should update automatically when you get a new card. If your issuer doesn't support updates, you might need to remove the card, then add it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 6:02 PM in response to cmakuzma

For Apple Pay, you cannot update the date directly. Its either updated automatically by your bank or issuer, or you need to remove the card and add it again.

See here: link-> Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

While you can't change your card number or expiration date, it should update automatically when you get a new card. If your issuer doesn't support updates, you might need to remove the card, then add it again.

Aug 16, 2021 12:03 PM in response to Phil0124

so far you are not being helpful the software where are you put in the expiration date it’s messed up you must look at it to see I can’t fix it I’ve tried to put the card in several times but when you go to put it in the month for instants 08 there is a slash mark between zero and the year it will not allow you to put in 08 all it will take will be the zero because of the slash mark

I would like to update my expiry date on a new card but it won't let me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.