Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID issue

Recently I’ve got iPhone 12pro and the Face ID open my phone with my sister face !!!! I’ve change Face ID and it happened again ! What’s wrong with this phone ?

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 5:01 AM

This seems strange. However, resetting Face ID might help. Follow the steps below.

1. Open iPhone Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
  2. Enter your device passcode to enter.
  3. Tap Reset Face ID and continue.
  4. Later, your Face ID twice (One normally and once by tapping Set Up an Alternate Appearance). This will leave no room for any other faces.

This should fix the issue. Plus, also make sure you are running the latest version of iOS. (Settings app > General > Software Update)

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 5:01 AM in response to Salghdsi

This seems strange. However, resetting Face ID might help. Follow the steps below.

1. Open iPhone Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
  2. Enter your device passcode to enter.
  3. Tap Reset Face ID and continue.
  4. Later, your Face ID twice (One normally and once by tapping Set Up an Alternate Appearance). This will leave no room for any other faces.

This should fix the issue. Plus, also make sure you are running the latest version of iOS. (Settings app > General > Software Update)

Hope this helps.

Face ID issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.