Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Health App crashes every time I try to view BP data

Every time I attempt to look at my BP data on the Health app, the app crashes. I have previously had it linked to other apps, and it appears this caused some sort of bug. Unfortunately, Apple does not let you uninstall/reinstall the app which makes troubleshooting more difficult. I have an iPhone SE 2020. Any help would be appreciated!

Things I have tried

1. Restarting the phone
  2. Hard restarting the phone
  3. Going into settings and deleting all health data (this didn't delete anything as far as I could tell)
  4. Uninstalling and unlinking other apps that use BP information.

Things I wanted to try but couldn't do or figure out how to do

1. Uninstall the app
  2. Recover the app data from a previous backup (I don't back up my phone much).

Thanks!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:55 PM

Thanks for the reply!

This issue was fixed by going to settings, health, Data access and devices, clicking the relevant app, Health data, data, delete all data.

After a couple days I figured it out! It looks like the crash was caused by a bug in the data sent to the health app from another app. While I thought I would solve the problem by deleting the health app data and uninstalling the other app, the data from the other app was still there and causing the crash. I mistakenly thought this would delete all the potentially corrupt data causing the issue, but I had to go in and delete that data from the uninstalled app separately.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Sharon_419

Thanks for the reply!

This issue was fixed by going to settings, health, Data access and devices, clicking the relevant app, Health data, data, delete all data.

After a couple days I figured it out! It looks like the crash was caused by a bug in the data sent to the health app from another app. While I thought I would solve the problem by deleting the health app data and uninstalling the other app, the data from the other app was still there and causing the crash. I mistakenly thought this would delete all the potentially corrupt data causing the issue, but I had to go in and delete that data from the uninstalled app separately.

Jul 22, 2021 8:21 AM in response to goverbeek

Hey goverbeek,

It sounds like you're having an issue with the Health app crashing on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to get that resolved.

It looks like you've tried some great troubleshooting steps already. It would not be possible to delete the Health app. We'd recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance here: Get Support

Thanks!

iPhone Health App crashes every time I try to view BP data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.