You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video/Photo Transfer

Is there a way to transfer ALL videos and photos from iPhone to computer? When attempting, only around 300 NEW videos and photos can be transferred.

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:04 PM

JSRibs,

You should download the photos from iCloud before deleting any off your iPhone. Use the steps for Photos here:

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

All the best.

10 replies

Jul 22, 2021 8:59 AM in response to JSRibs

Hello JSRibs,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know if you can transfer all your photos and videos from your iPhone to your computer. Are the videos and photos on your iPhone ones you have taken with your iPhone? Are they synced via iCloud or any other service? If you have imported photos from your iPhone previously, then on the next import it will only import the new videos and photos since the last import.

This article has additional steps you can take if you are unable to import photos from your iPhone to computer:

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Jul 22, 2021 10:30 AM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I do have iCloud that puts some of my photos/videos from my other mobile devices to my IPhone, but some of the photos/videos have been taken using my IPhone. So I would say that some of my photos and videos are synced from ICloud while others were taken using my iPhone. Does that interfere with solving the problem? I have previously imported photos and videos from all my mobile devices to my computer, now I understand why it only accepts new ones. But my next question is: how could I make my computer want to import all my photos and videos in my gallery? Although I have done it in the past, really old videos/photos were imported. I have thousands of new videos/photos from the past 5 or so years that haven’t been stored on my computer, and now I am attempting to do that. I only have one computer so I can’t try this on another one.

Jul 22, 2021 11:39 AM in response to muguy

Oh, okay! I didn’t know that, however that poses another problem. My goal for importing all my photos to my computer is so I can delete all my photos on my mobile device and have it saved on my computer only. The main purpose is to get rid of a lot of storage on my IPhone as it is almost full. If ICloud deletes a photo from all devices if deleted on my IPhone, how could I keep it saved on my computer, but at the same time getting it off my IPhone?

Video/Photo Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.