Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot download photos from iphone 8 to PC

i cannto download photos from iphone 8 to PC. i've tried on iTunes as well. phone is up to date

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 10:13 PM

lil_nko80 Said:

"i cannot download photos from iphone 8 to PC: [...]i've tried on iTunes as well. phone is up to date"

-------

Start Here: If you can't Import Photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Computer - Apple Support

Another Method:

Enable Photos in iCloud on your new iPhone. If they were enabled on your old iPhone, then they should popup in iCloud. So, Perform the following in the order provided:

I. On the iPhone:

Upload Photos to iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

then...

II. One the PC:

1. Go to: https://www.icloud.com/photos
  2. Download the Photos
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 10:13 PM in response to lil_nko80

lil_nko80 Said:

"i cannot download photos from iphone 8 to PC: [...]i've tried on iTunes as well. phone is up to date"

-------

Start Here: If you can't Import Photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Computer - Apple Support

Another Method:

Enable Photos in iCloud on your new iPhone. If they were enabled on your old iPhone, then they should popup in iCloud. So, Perform the following in the order provided:

I. On the iPhone:

Upload Photos to iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

then...

II. One the PC:

1. Go to: https://www.icloud.com/photos
  2. Download the Photos

Aug 4, 2021 4:03 PM in response to HSJ12

lil_nko80 Said:

"i cannot download photos from iphone 8 to PC:

-------

Q1. "i've tried on iTunes as well. phone is up to date"

A1. Do these 3.75-4GB a time. being 40GB of data, it seems it would take 10 times just to upload and transfer it all successfully. Note that not too long a go, everyone had 2GB - they doubles the storage, free-of-charge for those who have the option of iCloud use.

Q2.The size of download is too much for Icloud storage space. Please provide a different solution. I am talking about 40gigs of storage.

A2 Compressing the files wont do. But if you had just over 4GB, you would drag them all into a folder, right-click on it, select compress, and then upload the ZIP file. You could use a different cloud storage service, such as that of your ISP.

Q3. Is this Apples way of making us buy Icloud storage?

A3.

Q4. please provide fix for the issue.

A4. To be upfront about it, what you would need to do is upgrade your iCloud Storage Plan: iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support

i cannot download photos from iphone 8 to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.