Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was stolen, and some how is still being used

I immediately went to my friends device and marked it lost. Observed the device moving, The device keeps showing (Pending Lost) my carrier T-Mobile disabled the SIM card but I have observed my phone on Find My iPhone still in use.

How is this possible? Has someone figured out how to hack and access the iPhone and bypass Apple Security?

Is their anything I can do?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:37 AM

Even when the iPhone is locked the Find My will use GPS and you cellular plan to show its location.

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 2:37 AM in response to thepilotbrad

Even when the iPhone is locked the Find My will use GPS and you cellular plan to show its location.

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

My iPhone was stolen, and some how is still being used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.