Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad decrease volume button

My iPad decrease button is harder to press, whenever I pressed, it’s a bit like stuck, does not feel the same as the increase button. It has been the case since I bought my iPad. Would like to know what’s wrong with it.

iPad Pro, 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 8:02 AM

You have just described precisely what is wrong with it. If the iPad is in a fitted case, remove it - as the case may be interfering with the mechanical operation of the button.

You would be best advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and its buttons. If the iPad requires repair, they will discuss your options.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 8:02 AM in response to shanicetxy_

You have just described precisely what is wrong with it. If the iPad is in a fitted case, remove it - as the case may be interfering with the mechanical operation of the button.

You would be best advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and its buttons. If the iPad requires repair, they will discuss your options.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad decrease volume button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.