Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old messages

How do I retrieve messages past the last message that shows up

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:01 PM

KodaKai2021 Said:

"Old messages: How do I retrieve messages past the last message that shows up"

-------

What to try:

• In the iMessages App:

On you iPhone, view the iMessages app

• Check your Mac:

See if these are in the Messages app on your Mac. If you have a Mac with these, then try boot it up (with the router powered off), and then exporting the messages from the iMessages app.

• Restore form a Backup:

You can restore your Mac from the backup. I would also consider restoring your iPhone from a backup that contains these iMessages. Once either is restored, then they would be back on there. Be certain you backup each device, prior to the restoration.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 10:01 PM in response to KodaKai2021

KodaKai2021 Said:

"Old messages: How do I retrieve messages past the last message that shows up"

-------

What to try:

• In the iMessages App:

On you iPhone, view the iMessages app

• Check your Mac:

See if these are in the Messages app on your Mac. If you have a Mac with these, then try boot it up (with the router powered off), and then exporting the messages from the iMessages app.

• Restore form a Backup:

You can restore your Mac from the backup. I would also consider restoring your iPhone from a backup that contains these iMessages. Once either is restored, then they would be back on there. Be certain you backup each device, prior to the restoration.

Old messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.