Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got an email from apple notifying me there is a problem with my iCloud account billing for storage. I've updated my iCloud account with every billing option available & I still get error message, PAYMENT INFO COULD NOT BE UPDATED. Help?!

Got an email from apple notifying me there is a problem with my iCloud account billing for storage. I've updated my iCloud account with every billing option available & I still get error message, PAYMENT INFO COULD NOT BE UPDATED. Help?!

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 7:04 PM

SoCalBowers Said:

"Thanks fore the reply. However this is the email. Thoughts?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Contact Apple Support:

Indeed, it looks official, but the topic is highly in question here. So, contact Apple Support to find out what exactly is going on. They will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 7:04 PM in response to SoCalBowers

SoCalBowers Said:

"Thanks fore the reply. However this is the email. Thoughts?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Contact Apple Support:

Indeed, it looks official, but the topic is highly in question here. So, contact Apple Support to find out what exactly is going on. They will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jul 22, 2021 10:14 PM in response to SoCalBowers

SoCalBowers Said:

"Got an email from apple notifying me there is a problem with my iCloud account billing for storage. I've updated my iCloud account with every billing option available & I still get error message, PAYMENT INFO COULD NOT BE UPDATED. Help?!"

-------

That is a Phishing Scam:

Apple will not eMail you such a message. So, perform the following in the order provided(use a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so):

1. Report This:

So, report it. To do so: Forward that eMail to Apple at: reportphishing@apple.com. Once forwarded, delete the eMail, and then remove it from your Trash and Archived folders.

2. Block Out the Sender:

Once reported, block the sender. Without opening the eMail, you'd hover over the sender's address over the eMail to find out what it is. Then, add the eMail address to you Blocked Senders list.

3. Modifying your Credentials:

Did you interact with this eMail in animator whatsoever (i.e. click anything or open the eMail)? If not, then you are all set from here, once blocked. If you did, then consider modifying your credentials.

Jul 28, 2021 10:00 AM in response to khudairahm

khudairahm Said:

I lost my iPhone iCloud ACCOUNT please help me I am a second owner please help me.

———-

Contact the Original Owner:

There’s nothing anyone here can do for you. These are User-to-User forums So, take it up with the original owner. If this was purchased off if a Web (i.e. eBay), then ask them to investigate it, as it may be a scam (though a full assumption on my part).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.