Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted emails

My phone has just deleted emails by itself and I can’t recover them. I’m not sure how it done it, was going through emails and deleting and then realised it has just got rid of a load of emails that I hadn’t deleted. This isn’t the first time it’s done this. Can any suggest anything to get them back. They aren’t in my junk, archive or my deleted folder and I can’t find them anywhere.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 4:06 AM

If they are not in junk, archive, or deleted folder (Trash) then they are not deleted.

1. Either they have been called back by the sender.
  2. They have been moved to another folder by a rule set on your email account.
  3. Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronize our smartphones with Mac/PC/iCloud and also how careful are we in sharing our sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Which email account is this? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Is this your work email?

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organization/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organization who provided the profile to you

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 4:06 AM in response to Lottie1997

If they are not in junk, archive, or deleted folder (Trash) then they are not deleted.

1. Either they have been called back by the sender.
  2. They have been moved to another folder by a rule set on your email account.
  3. Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronize our smartphones with Mac/PC/iCloud and also how careful are we in sharing our sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Which email account is this? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Is this your work email?

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organization/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organization who provided the profile to you

Deleted emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.