Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete photos from IPAD only (not from my ICLOUD)

iPad mini, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 8:17 AM

Photos in iCloud is principally a synchronisation service. It is not simply an external archive for your photos. If you delete photos from your iPad, they will also be deleted from iCloud photos.

You can disable Photos in iCloud from your iPad settings - but if you do disable this service, any photos that you do take with your iPad Camera will not be copied to / synchronised with your iCloud storage.

More information about how Photos in iCloud works can be found here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 8:17 AM in response to jwoodyhart

Photos in iCloud is principally a synchronisation service. It is not simply an external archive for your photos. If you delete photos from your iPad, they will also be deleted from iCloud photos.

You can disable Photos in iCloud from your iPad settings - but if you do disable this service, any photos that you do take with your iPad Camera will not be copied to / synchronised with your iCloud storage.

More information about how Photos in iCloud works can be found here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.