Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 11 OVERHEATING

My iPhone 11 is seriously overheating and will not charge as temperature surges almost immediately. Is this manufacturing problem? I've seen a few posts about the 11 overheating. iPhone is 21 months old and still under warranty. Am I entitled to a replacement or repair??

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:12 AM

Please take a look at the following article, which will give you some sound advice on the temperature of your iPhone.

Keeping iPhone, iPad and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures – Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 23, 2021 5:35 PM in response to SandieSnowden

Based in your description, it is possible that your iPhone is damaged or it’s battery has failed. Either way, only an authorized technician can make that determination. Take it to an Apple store or an authorized service provider for evaluation. If you have some form of AppleCare, then it is probably covered with a replacement fee. Otherwise, the standard warranty period is 12 months.

Still possible, but less likely, is that your charger or charging cable is damaged. You can swap in another to rule that out.

I have an old iPhone 6 with a failed (and swollen) battery. It behaves exactly as you described.

IPHONE 11 OVERHEATING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.