Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update iPhone to iOS14.7 from 14.4.

iPhone connected to MacBook, several minutes into the update, when it says it is backing up my iPhone, it stops with the message:"Could not back up the iPhone “.........’s iPhone” because the iPhone disconned. How can I complete this update? I've tried it three times, and I got the same result. Before starting to update, the Mac window always says it is preparing to update the software on this iPhone, along with a line that says it is backing up my iPhone. Is there some way to stop the backing up process (keep it from starting), and have the iOS update go ahead without it?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jul 25, 2021 8:44 AM in response to frazzm737

Was never able to fix the problem with the auto-disconnect of the iPhone when connected to my Mac, even when working with the Apple tech support people. We ended up off-loading a bunch of stuff from the phone to free up enough space to do the update. Even that didn't work until I was passed on to an expert, who had me turn off the phone and leave it off for three minutes before turning it back on. The first person had me turn it off and back on, but without the 3 minute wait. I guess the wait was necessary to allow the deletions to actually happen and free up the space!

Can't update iPhone to iOS14.7 from 14.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.