Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15” retina mid 2014bought without a hard drive installed own aura pro x2 when installing Catalina or Big Sur installer blanks off near end of install and reboots it does the same with USB installer, help

MacBook Pro 15” retina mid 2014 bought without a hard drive installed owc aura pro x2 when installing Catalina or Big Sur installer blanks off near end of install and reboots it does the same with USB installer, both installations had internet access, what’s wrong help

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:01 PM

Hello Hannibal,

I understand that you are having issues getting macOS installed on an OWC Auro Pro 2 SSD. One thing both of us have to assume, in this scenario, is that the Mid-2014 MacBook Pro is fine otherwise (internally). Based on that, the only other assumption is that the issue may be with the process or the OWC SSD itself.

I recommend that you contact ➔ OWC and their support team for a resolution. They are good in responding and I think you will save some time going through them.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 3:01 PM in response to Hannibal75

Hello Hannibal,

I understand that you are having issues getting macOS installed on an OWC Auro Pro 2 SSD. One thing both of us have to assume, in this scenario, is that the Mid-2014 MacBook Pro is fine otherwise (internally). Based on that, the only other assumption is that the issue may be with the process or the OWC SSD itself.

I recommend that you contact ➔ OWC and their support team for a resolution. They are good in responding and I think you will save some time going through them.

Axel F.

MacBook Pro 15” retina mid 2014bought without a hard drive installed own aura pro x2 when installing Catalina or Big Sur installer blanks off near end of install and reboots it does the same with USB installer, help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.