Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support for bluetooth headset in MacOS Bigsur for calls

Hi All,

I have a cheap MINISO headset which i purchased some time back before i bought my MacBook. It was working fine on Windows and Linux for listening to music and using is for calls. Basically it automatically switches from A2DP to HSP/HFP when i start to use the microphone on the headset.

But after switching to Mac, the music listening work find as in other OS, but when i start a call like FaceTime or Google Meet, The headset sound becomes distorted. Basically sound is breaking up. This doesn't happen in my IPhone with the same headset. It works fine for listening to music in stereo and supporting calling, so on iPhone it just switch between the profiles.

So i start to dig in on MacOS using the bluetooth explorer and found out that the headset profile doesn't switch to HSP/HFP when i start the Facetime call, basically when i start to use the mic. Its stays in A2DP mode which doesn't support proper bidirectional communication on bluetooth device.

So my question is, is there away i can force the headset into HSP/HFP mode when i want to use it for calling and switch back to A2DP mode ?

I see some Sony headsets has the same problem, so i was wondering if this problem cannot be solved at all on Mac, I just don't want to keep on buying all mac peripherals to use the Macbook.

Please let me know if you have a solution for this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:45 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Support for bluetooth headset in MacOS Bigsur for calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.