Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE appearing in Windows Explorer but not in iTunes.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT212542

I can see "Apple iPhone" under Portable Devices in Device Manager. I can see Apple iPhone in Windows Explorer. I can view and browse the DCIM folder in Internal Storage. But my iPhone doesn't show up in iTunes.

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 and I ran Windows Update earlier today. I installed iTunes today from https://www.apple.com/au/itunes/.

-

Under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Manager, I do not see Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. Where can I install the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver?

-

Additional notes:

Computer is running inside a VM with vfio passthrough. I am plugging the iPhone into an USB expansion card. If I try to connect with the front IO USB ports, the iPhone does not appear in Windows Explorer. Checking Device Manager, there is a yellow caution sign on the Apple iPhone entry. When I enter its properties, I see "This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful." under Device Status. There are no errors if I connect it to the USB expansion card, and I am able to see the "AutoPlay: Apple iPhone: Select to choose what happens with this device" dialogue, and in Device Manager > Properties, it says "This device is working properly."

I ran iTunes diagnostics and it says, "iPod support service is not installed", "Apple Mobile Device is running", and "iTunes Helper is not running" under Support Services. Under Ports, it says, "No USB ports found", "No FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports found. No iPod, iPhone, or iPad found.".

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:14 AM

Solved. I copied driver from my MacBook Pro.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone SE appearing in Windows Explorer but not in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.