You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MMS

My phone won't send text messages to others who don't have an iPhone. The phone says that I need to enable MMS but I have already done that.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 4:41 PM

Can you make and receive phone calls? I ask because I want to make sure that you have an active cellular service on your iPhone. The other thing to check is open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send as SMS : Set this to ON.

If that does not resolve the issue then Shut Down and ReStart your iPhone.

If that does not resolve the issue then contact your carrier and ensure that SMS ability is set properly in your account with them.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2021 4:41 PM in response to Sarahbdda

Can you make and receive phone calls? I ask because I want to make sure that you have an active cellular service on your iPhone. The other thing to check is open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send as SMS : Set this to ON.

If that does not resolve the issue then Shut Down and ReStart your iPhone.

If that does not resolve the issue then contact your carrier and ensure that SMS ability is set properly in your account with them.

Axel F.

MMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.