Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I backup my photos and videos on iCloud and delete them on my device ?

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 1:56 PM

Hi brlawrence2

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! We can definitely understand wanting to free up space by removing your photos and videos. If you are using iCloud Photos, deleting the photos from your device will also delete them from iCloud, however if you are not, they will be saved in an iCloud backup. You may want to achieve or make a copy of the backup and import your pictures a computer for safe keeping.

You can see more info here: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 1:56 PM in response to brlawrence2

Hi brlawrence2

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! We can definitely understand wanting to free up space by removing your photos and videos. If you are using iCloud Photos, deleting the photos from your device will also delete them from iCloud, however if you are not, they will be saved in an iCloud backup. You may want to achieve or make a copy of the backup and import your pictures a computer for safe keeping.

You can see more info here: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope that helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.