Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control Panel and Taskbar swipe stopped working on iphone XS.

I’ve seen this same question asked a few times but haven’t seen a fix yet. When I swipe down from the top corners, the control panel and task bar no longer appear and the search bar appears instead. Hard restart did not work.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:19 AM

Hi wordtoyourmothership,

Thanks for the information. If you have a protective case or screen protector on your iPhone, you can test with them removed. We also recommend cleaning your iPhone to test. If needed, the steps here can help you safely clean your device: Cleaning your iPhone

You can also find helpful steps here: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

If the issue continues, Contact Apple Support directly to further assist.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 7:19 AM in response to wordtoyourmothership

Hi wordtoyourmothership,

Thanks for the information. If you have a protective case or screen protector on your iPhone, you can test with them removed. We also recommend cleaning your iPhone to test. If needed, the steps here can help you safely clean your device: Cleaning your iPhone

You can also find helpful steps here: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

If the issue continues, Contact Apple Support directly to further assist.

Cheers!

Jul 26, 2021 9:44 AM in response to wordtoyourmothership

Hi wordtoyourmothership,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with accessing the Control Center on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

If this issue occurs when using apps, we recommend ensuring the "Access Within Apps" option is turned on. you can find this in Settings > Control Center. The article here also has a helpful visual: Edit Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If needed, the article here also has a great visual for how to access Control Center: Access Control Center on your iPhone and iPod touch

Cheers!

Jul 29, 2021 2:08 PM in response to OrigamiFan1

So, to anyone else having similar issues--cleaning my screen thouroughly with a damp cloth and wiping dry seems to have solved the problem. I'm a little dumbfounded because I had a screen protector on when the issue arose and removing the screen protector didn't solve the problem. What's more interesting is that the screen looked spotless to me before cleaning it and simply wiping it with a microfiber towel didn't solve the issue either. There must have somehow been something undetectable to my eyes on the screen somewhere that was interfering with the touch functionality.

Control Panel and Taskbar swipe stopped working on iphone XS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.